BY PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM GUILTY MOTHERS CLUB YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING T&Cs:
Sorry these are pretty long and legal but apparently important to have available!
Membership Terms and Conditions
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions of membership on which Guilty Mothers Club (“we” “us” or “our”) agrees to offer subscriptions for our membership.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before applying to become a member. These terms tell you who we are, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. By completing and submitting your membership registration application via the Guilty Mothers Club website (guiltymothers.co.uk) (“Website”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Who we are. We are Guilty Mothers Club a Ltd company established in England and Wales. You may contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the contact form on the Website.
- Your information. By registering to become a member, you agree that you have given us accurate registration details, including payment information and you will ensure that we always have up to date contact information
- What is included in my membership?
- A description of what is included in your membership is available on the Website (as updated from time to time). The membership section of the Website contains text, software, scripts, graphics, information, data, pictures, sounds, music, videos, interactive features, user generated information, editorial and other content accessible by members (“Membership Materials”)
- We expect you to confirm that the membership will meet your needs. We do not make any guarantee to you that you will obtain a particular skill, result, qualification or employment opportunity from your membership.
- How is a contract formed?
- By submitting your payment and other registration details via the Website you are making an offer to us to buy a membership subscription.
- Your offer will be accepted by us and a contract formed only when we have verified your payment details and sent you a confirmation email to the email address you have given to us.
- How much will my membership cost?
- The price you pay for your monthly subscription will be stated on the relevant web page of the Website from which you began the membership ordering process. Such price will be re-confirmed to you as part of the ordering process. These prices, where applicable, are inclusive of a sum representing UK VAT.
- It is your responsibility to pay any charges that might be applied by your bank or payment provider in paying for your monthly subscription. By submitting payment details to us, you promise that you are entitled to purchase a membership subscription using those payment details.
- We reserve the right to change the monthly membership price and / or benefits with 30 days’ notice and affected members may terminate their subscription within this notice period.
- How long is my membership for?
- Your membership is subject to a minimum contract term of 1 month. Thereafter, your membership will automatically renew each month unless you choose to cancel your membership.
- Cancellation by you
- How can I cancel my membership? You may cancel your membership at any time by visiting your personal profile within the website. Unless you are ending your membership in accordance with clause 6.3, your membership will terminate on the final day of the month in which we receive your cancellation notice. For example if we receive your cancellation notice on the 15th day of a month, your membership will terminate on the final day of such month, whereupon all membership benefits will cease. Unless you are terminating in accordance with clause 6.3, you will not be entitled to any pro-rata refund of the monthly membership fee. Taking the example above, if we receive your cancellation notice on 15th day of a month, you shall not be entitled to a pro-rata refund of the monthly membership fee for the period after the 15th day of the month but you shall continue to enjoy all membership benefits until the end of such month.
- Is there a cooling-off period? By submitting your payment and other registration details via the Website, you are requesting and agreeing that we may start your membership and provide you with access to the Membership Materials as soon as possible following our acceptance of your order. Please note that you have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your membership registration to change your mind and cancel your subscription, provided that you have not accessed the Membership Materials during that 14 day period. If you do access the Membership Materials within the 14-day period, you acknowledge that you are not entitled to a refund if you then change your mind and cancel your subscription. If you exercise your right to change your mind and cancel your membership in the 14-day period set out above, we will refund you the price you paid for your membership.
- Ending your membership because of something we have done or going to do. If you are ending your membership for one of the following reasons, the contract between us will end immediately once we have received your notice to cancel your membership and we will refund you in full for any part of your monthly membership that relates to the period after we have received your cancellation notice:
- we have told you about a change to the monthly membership price and / or membership benefits and you do not agree (see section 4.3); or
- we have told you about some other significant change to your membership or these terms and conditions and you do not agree (see section 10.1); or
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the membership you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed.
- Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel your membership if you do not make payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due.
- What do I need?
- We sometimes use third party providers such as Zoom within the online community. Members will be required to accept the individual terms and conditions of such third party providers which, for the avoidance of doubt, we are not associated with. It is not necessary to do so in order to purchase a membership although this may impact your experience of the community element.
- Your membership is personal
Your membership is personal to you and you may not share with, give, licence or transfer to, any other person any of your rights or entitlements under these terms and conditions (including to access and/or use Membership Materials under your user account using your password). You agree to take responsibility for all access to and use of all Membership Materials that occurs under your user account and to prevent unauthorised use of it. Without further obligation to you, we may cancel or suspend your access to Membership Materials if you share your user account details.
- Your use of the Membership Materials
- At all times, we and/or our licensors, remain the owner of the intellectual property in the Membership Materials. No Membership Materials, nor any part thereof may be reproduced, or transmitted in any form or by any means without our prior written permission.
- In consideration of receipt by us of your monthly membership fee, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the Membership Materials for the sole purpose of your own personal, non-commercial purposes.
- Save as expressly set out in these terms, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit, make available, disseminate or distribute in any way any of the Membership Materials.
- Changes to our terms and conditions
We may amend these terms and conditions at any time to ensure that we remain compliant with relevant law and regulations and to implement minor adjustments or improvements (for example to address a security threat). If we need to make more significant changes we will notify you. If you do not agree to the changes we are proposing, you may contact us to cancel your membership before the changes take effect.
- Additional terms
- Our liability to you
Please read this section carefully – it makes clear to what extent, if any, we accept responsibility (liability) to you in relation to your membership and for your use of the Membership Materials.
- We accept no responsibility if you incur any loss or damage as a result of using Membership Materials outside the scope of these terms and conditions. Nor do we accept any responsibility in respect of any third party products or services referred to or linked to in any Mothership Materials or the Website.
- We will be responsible only for loss or damage that is reasonably foreseeable as a result of our breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise as a result of a breach of a legal duty of care owed to you, and our total financial liability to you is limited to the aggregate monthly membership fees receive from you in the 12 month period preceding the incident on which your claim is based.
- We are not responsible for, and are not liable to you if you suffer or incur, any loss as a result of matters beyond our reasonable control such as, by way of example (and not limited to), the provision or performance of public or private communications networks, internet services and/or connections, acts of god, industrial action, terrorist attack or threat. If, due to an event beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to provide access to Membership Materials for a consecutive period of more than 28 days, you may cancel your subscription and we will refund any amounts that you have paid us in advance that relate to any remaining period of your subscription.
- Our liability will not be limited or excluded in the case of death or personal injury directly caused by our negligence; nor is our liability otherwise excluded or limited for loss or damage that cannot as a matter of law be excluded or limited.
- Data protection
- We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to contact you in relation to your membership and to provide you with details of Membership Materials from time to time;
- to process your payment for the membership;
- to keep you updated on other Guilty Mother Club events and services; and
- we will automatically add you to our Guilty Mothers Club mailing list but you can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.
- We will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
- Use of the Website and / or the Membership Materials may link to third party websites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
- Transferring our rights and obligations. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another person or organisation upon notice to you.
- Each of the provisions set out in these terms and conditions operate separately. If any court of competent jurisdiction determines that any of them are invalid, the invalidity will not affect the other provisions which shall remain in full force and effect (and construed accordingly to the extent necessary).
- No waiver. If either party fails to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions then such failure does not amount to a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Entire Agreement. These terms and conditions constitutes the complete agreement between us relating to your membership and use of the Membership Materials.
- Law & Jurisdiction. These terms and conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- Question & complaints. If you have any questions about your membership or wish to make a complaint, please email us at email@example.com.
Workshops / Courses Terms and Conditions
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds for our workshops and courses. If exceptional circumstances mean that you are not able to attend a programme please get in touch and we can chat. A lot of time and effort goes into creating the content within our development and we are pretty sure you will love what you receive. However, if you do have any specific queries then please do get in touch so we can try and help.
- All content within our development programmes and workshops is owned by Guilty Mothers Club or where applicable the relevant collaborating business. It must only be for personal use and cannot be replicated or shared without prior consent.
- We reserve the right to amend the advertised content and/or dates and times of the programme as required. We will always give you as much prior notice of this as possible.
- The specific advice and strategies contained within our development may not be suitable for your individual situation. You should consult with a professional wherever appropriate. Guilty Mothers Club will not be liable for any loss of profit or any other damages, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential, or other damages.
- Some online programmes do require access to a PC and internet connection and you will need to check you’re sorted on this front.
- Likewise with our physical programmes, we’ll sort the great content but unfortunately with transport and parking it’s over to you!
- We will automatically add you to our Guilty Mothers Club mailing list but you can unsubscribe from this list at any time. We will use your email address to send out links to webinars, extra course materials and other programme related info. We will also keep you updated on other Guilty Mother Club events and development.
- We do not store credit card details or share any personal information with any 3rd parties. Ever.
By using our site you accept these terms
There are other terms that may apply to you
If you purchase services via our site, including without limitation one of our development courses and / or joining the membership, additional terms and conditions will apply which will be highlighted to you before purchasing such services.
We may make changes to these terms
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may, at our discretion change, remove, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our site at any time including the availability of any content (e.g. a community forum may be withdrawn).
Accessing our site
Parts of our site are only accessible to our members and not to visitors.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Whilst we will do our best to ensure that our service is fully operational at all times, we are not responsible for and shall not be liable to you for any problems or temporary interruptions in using our services arising from factors outside of our control (e.g. technical problems from traffic congestion on the internet) or for any problems arising from participating in or from downloading third party content. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our site is in the first instance directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
How you may use material on our site and within our membership
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in any content of the site (including text, some graphics, software, some photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos). You may only use any content of the website for your personal, non-commercial use and may not reproduce, modify, transmit, licence or publish it, in whole or in part, for any purpose without our prior written consent.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We reserve the right to remove content on the site uploaded by you and to remove, suspend or discontinue your opportunity to submit, post and/or upload content, at any time and for any reason at our sole discretion and without further recourse to you.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By submitting content, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, royalty free worldwide licence to use any of the content that you post on or in connection with our site and you also irrevocably waive the benefit of any moral rights you may have in any such material. We do not claim any ownership rights in your content and you continue to retain all ownership rights in your content.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We are not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using this website. This includes:
- any direct, indirect or consequential losses;
- any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (‘tort’, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise;
- the use of the website and any websites that are linked to or from it;
- the inability to use the website and any websites that are linked to or from it
This applies if the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?