Chorizo, spinach and butter bean stew
Serves 4 adults (or a family with several kids)
10 minutes prep time
20 minutes cooking on the hob
- Chorizo (either a whole chorizo ring, chopped, or a packet of 130-200g ready sliced chorizo)
- Butter beans (1 or 2 x 400g tin(s), drained – depends on how much you like butter beans!)
- Spinach (1 x 200g bag, roughly chopped)
- Chopped tomatoes (1 x 400g tin)
- Onion (1, finely chopped)
- Garlic (2 cloves, chopped)
- Fresh rosemary or thyme (2 sprigs, leaves picked and chopped)
- Fresh flat leaf parsley (big handful, chopped)
- Dried oregano (1 tsp)
- Veg/chicken stock (400ml)
- Olive oil (1 tsp)
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread, to serve (regular or gluten-free crusty rolls)
In a large non-stick wok / pan or large hob-top casserole, fry the chorizo and onion in the olive oil for about 5 minutes until the red juices start to come out of the chorizo and the onion softens. Add the garlic and rosemary and fry for another 2 minutes.
Add the butter beans, chopped tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
A couple of minutes before serving, add the spinach and parsley, and stir through until the spinach has just wilted. Season to taste.
Serve with crusty bread.